ucg/udg Programable thermostat

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry Blsair

Reaction score
Has anyone every heard of these or used one. I bought on about 2 months ago from HD when I set up my hot water floor heat. i use it to turn on a TACO F9 pump that circulates the hot water through the floor. It has a second sensor that I put in the floor with a maximum temp of 85 degrees so the bamboo flooring won't be damaged.

The thermostat is kind of crazy. I set it to activate at 70 degrees. the room temp will be 72 degrees and it starts the pump. I can immediately set the temp to be 69 degrees and it will turn off for a bit but was soon as it gets within a couple of degrees hotter it will start the system. This happens sometimes . other times it is ok. Sometimes it starts for a few seconds and then shuts off. ???

I set the overall temp to be 7o degrees and then the next thing that happens it reprograms itself to 77 degrees or 68 or something else crazy. I have done a factory reset a couple of times but still problematic. There is no consistent range of low to start and high to stop.

I didn't realize that this thermostat has been discontinued from HD otherwise probably would have gone after something else. After several hours searching in Google there is no help available. It seems to have come out of nowhere and there is no experience with it. Even OJ Electronics doesn't offer support.

I think I am going to call HD and call this a defective product and return it for something else. Its a great concept and easy to use but isn't consistent

Larry Blsair

Reaction score
Just looked at the HD order and it is a Thermosoft brand. All the paperwork in the box said OJ Electronics. I'll try again :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks