Typical cost to run hot/cold PEX to washer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Gregsoldhouse, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Gregsoldhouse

Gregsoldhouse New Member

Hello-

I did a quick search looking for a post on prices but couldn’t find any.

Does anyone have a roundabout idea for the COST to have someone take out and replace a run of hot and cold lines from the basement to the washing machine on the first level? I know very little about PEX, but it would be maybe 30 fit or less. One line would maybe have to be connected to the hot water heater in the basement.

It would be a tricky job because there is a 10 or 15 ft stretch which is not accessible without somehow feeding the PEX through a narrow, maybe 2 ft High part of the foundation underneath the house and then up into the first floor laundry room. The whole house needs new pipes as it’s over 100 years old. But, the washer has barely any pressure due to corroded galvanized pipes, so that is all we have interest in replacing at one time due to money.

Would you go with a big plumbing company or try to find a diy handyman and without seeing the project, do you have a ballpark cost?

Thanks

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I am not a plumber or other pro. So I can make an $1100 WAG. There are so many unknowns including no description of whether you want plumbing in the laundry room hidden and run to an in-wall box. But that's OK. I am not bidding the job.

There is a lot of space between the "big plumbing company or try to find a diy handyman": the small group or one-man plumber. Leave a message, because there may not be an office staff.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Gregsoldhouse

Gregsoldhouse New Member

Thats about the price I was thinking. Thanks for the reply.