Tying Tub & Toilet directly into main stack

Users who are viewing this thread

hopeless_n00b

Reaction score
I'm homeowner trying to do some work myself and have found the help on these forums to be incredible.

I'm re-doing an second floor bathroom in an old home. I opened up the wall and some of the floor boards to find old cooper and cast iron pipes. I've ripped them out and am in the process of replacing with PVC. The toilet and tub are both within 36" of the main 4" stack and are in line with each other (it's a tight space). I've relocated a sink to the opposite side of the room and provided it with a vent as it is ~6'-7' away from the stack.

My question is how to approach tying all the drains together. I'd like to run the sink drain (1.5" PVC) into the shower drain (2" PVC) and connect to the toilet drain (3" PVC) before tying into the main stack (4" PVC). I've attached two pictures 1) the old and new layout of the bathroom, 2) my proposed plumbing plan.

If both the tub and toilet are in line and within 36" of the main stack, can I combine the drains without venting?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old_v_new.jpg
New_layout.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks