Tying into existing drain line in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

Nathan

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the forum and need some help. I need to tie in a sulfur reduction tank into the drain in my basement. There are no floor drain and I wanted to tie in to the 3" main. I have attached pictures below. I was thinking of extending the end cleanout and adding a drain there. I know I need to leave and air gap but I am trying to figure out how to install the p-trap and whether I need to further vent it and if so how? I really need to get this done soon so any help would be greatly appreciated. If you look at the first picture I was going to add a 3" threaded adapter to the cleanout then install a 3" to 2" wye, P-trap (with airgap for the carbon drain) and then finish it out with a new 3" cleanout at the end. Is this acceptable or does it need further venting?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0642 2.JPG
    IMG_0642 2.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks