Tying down PEX tubing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad Littlejohn

Reaction score
It is really necessary to tie down PEX every 4 feet? I am replacing PolyB with PEX. The previous plumber tied down Poly B all over the place. I had to make a lot of holes just to cut the tie downs.

Most of other run goes through floor joists (working on the plumbing on the second floor of a two story home)

I was reading on why the pipe was tied down so much and it has to do with friction from the pipe heating and cooling. But, I look for sample pictures of PEX leaks caused by not strapping down the pipes and could not find any.

Is this a real problem?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
for a small material cost and admitedly a few more hours more of labor you could have system last 5 or 10 times as long, by doing it right. Id say do a little investigation on strapping , hanging materials, be dilligant about straight cuts , look at every single fitting for nicks , try to be aware , all of these things matter, also be carefull dragging pipe across nails, a lot of things can go wrong but the watchful eye catches most

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks