• Impossible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Young

Reaction score
I think it's possible...

I had asked a couple people on this idea... A tee at the pump, a valve on each intake, and two wells attached to one jet pump.

Well 1 is hand-dug. Low recovery rate
Well 2 is 60 feet. Neighbors have insufficient water to do laundry on our block. Hoping to get water from both.

I had just switched the intake from poly pipe. It goes
1" poly pipe to poly valve... To poly pipe to IP connector.. to galvy elbow... To check valve (arrow pointing up).. to tee.
Top side of tee is with the valve off.

I don't get air like I was before but I also don't get any water pressure. I tested the pump by putting water in the high valve and it sucks immediately. Some pressure builds inside the pump but nothing useful.

I have valves to switch manually from one well to the other...

Attachments

• IMG_20191123_091220.jpg
    IMG_20191123_091220.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 242

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can draw from two wells. But the pump needs to be the high spot in both suction lines. That line coming in from above will never get the air out and you will lose prime.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think it would be important to not suck air from either.
Well 2 is 60 feet. Neighbors have insufficient water to do laundry on our block. Hoping to get water from both.
You cannot draw water reliably from lower than about 25 ft down with suction.

Maybe have a separate horizontal submersible pump, with a flow inducer shroud, in the dug well, and have a float switch down there that controls a relay. The relay decides which pump turns on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks