Two submersible pumps for house

Users who are viewing this thread

Tdman

Reaction score
I have 2 deep water well pumps on the property. The pump in front yard supplies my kitchen sink cold water only as long as I have the ball valve shut. The pump in back yard supplies rest of house to include the kitchen cold water if ball valve is open meaning both pumps are feeding the whole house. I have two separate tanks two separate pressure relief valves two separate pressure gauges two separate check valves, and two pressure relief valves, one for each well. Both are set at 30/50. They can be two completely separate lines or combined. The reason i want front well to kitchen cold only is because it goes empty if i use it for anything else. And it's good water. The back well is sulfer and never runs dry. Here's my problem:
If I close the ball valve so only water from from front well goes to kitchen cold and rest of house is from back well, the pressure switch for front well never kicks on, meaning water stops eventually at sink, and pressure from back well hits 75 and the relief valve starts releasing water. If I need to I could try to explain how it is all wired if I get a response. Or maybe someone could explain how to wire it correctly. BTW there is only one control box mounted in the living room with a red light on it comes on when one of the pumps is on. Two 3-wire electrical lines coming to it.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you want two different pressure switches, and two different pressure tanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
So isolate the water from the two. I guess you have done that. When you do that, the pressure relief emits water from the kitchen sink well?

It sounds to me as if you would want to adjust the relief valve release pressure up, or the pressure switch down.

Tdman

Reaction score
So isolate the water from the two. I guess you have done that. When you do that, the pressure relief emits water from the kitchen sink well?

It sounds to me as if you would want to adjust the relief valve release pressure up, or the pressure switch down.
Nevermind guys I made a dumb mistake. I recently had to re-pipe my water systems to make it less complicated and when I put it all back together I put the wrong wires on the pressure switches. Switched them back and everything works fine. Now you can probably tell I'm a DIY'er lol Thanks for the responses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks