Two sinks on the same drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kenny123

Reaction score
I'm finishing off the vacant third floor of my house in St. Louis, Missouri and adding a bathroom and (hopefully) a bar with a sink. The stack was roughed in at the time of original construction to include a sanitary tee for the bathroom sink. As I understand things, since the trap for this sink will be within five feet (2' actually) of the main stack it would be considered self venting and no additional vent would be needed. However, I would like to add a bar sink a little farther down on the opposite side of the wall which will require extending the horizontal drain line an additional four feet for a total of about six feet from the trap to the stack. I assume that I'll need to install a dry vent for the bar fixture (farthest away from stack), but would like to confirm that its okay to wet vent the bathroom lav fixture (nearest the stack) on the same 2" line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks