Two Shower faucets and PEX

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Bechtel

Reaction score
DIYer here. House has 3/4" PEX main and I'm installing a shower 10'-12' from the hot water heater and main cold lines. I've installed two separate shower faucets (see picture) using 3/4" PEX coming up from the floor that transitions to 1/2" PEX at the T and before a 90 degree into the faucets. I still need to install two pipes out the top of each faucet for each shower head and two more out the bottom for handheld sprayers. Like others on here, I'm concerned if we will have enough flow to power the shower heads sufficiently. At most we would see two items (shower and hand sprayer or both shower heads) being used at the same time.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

shower.jpg IMG_4597.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You should have enough volume the way you have plumbed it.
1/2" PEX should handle the two shower heads that each faucet has.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Be very suspect of parts availability for your shower faucet in the future years.
We always recommend sticking with major mfrs.
I have encountered so many mfrs who fail to stay in business and in the event of part failure, there is nothing to do but tear open the shower wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks