Two piece tub/shower install in narrow room

Users who are viewing this thread

ripout

Reaction score
My bathroom is 58 1/2" wide and I want to install a 54" two piece Lasco tub/shower unit. I believe it will go through the door opening but will I be able to turn it in the space to install?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
hj nailed this one! For all you boys and girls in school who think " well, I wil be a plumber, so I don't need no steeeenkin' geometry" OH YES YOU DO!

You will have to draw some sketches of the tub...3 dimension, diagonal measurements, etc.

In general, YES you can get a new tub in there. The sink and toile may have to be temporarily removed. The one piece surround should also go, but that is a different problem. Think about the 2,3, and 5 piece surrounds.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you are wall to wall 58.5", then most likely it has been framed in at 60"
I would pull drywall and remeasure. It's it's 60" or a smidge more, go with a standard 60" tub and either the kit walls for it, or sometime like tile or cultured marble.

The two piece units tend to bolt up from behind, which is going to make it tough to install and then swivel into place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks