Two horizontal 90s on second floor - cleanout?

Users who are viewing this thread

ben.l.schenck

Reaction score
Hi folks, first time poster here. A first floor renovation has me moving the plumbing for the second floor bathroom, and I'm hoping to get your feedback on my drain plan. I attached a very poor illustration, but it isn't very complicated so hopefully it does the trick. In order to get to a vertical stack, I need to navigate around a support post. This requires doing two 90-degree horizontal turns that are pretty close to each other (effectively an "s" on it's side), and immediately after that, the drain will turn vertical. There might be room to make the horizontal turns longsweeps or two 45s, but no guarantees.

I have read that a cleanout is required beyond 135 degrees, which would be the case here, but also that cleanouts aren't needed above the first floor. It might be possible for me to fit a cleanout between the two horizontal 90s. Is that necessary? Any other feedback on my plan?

IMG_2681.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks