Two handle shower leaks at shower head

Users who are viewing this thread

HMC

Reaction score
I have an older 2 handled shower. The shower head was dripping hot water and I replaced the valve stem on the hot water handle. But the shower head is still dripping warm water, should I replace the valve stem on the cold handle?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have an older 2 handled shower. The shower head was dripping hot water and I replaced the valve stem on the hot water handle. But the shower head is still dripping warm water, should I replace the valve stem on the cold handle?
Is the water hot or cold?

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
You may well need a new seat on the hot side. If the seat is bad the washer will probably be damaged and also need to be changed.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
It has a washer almost at the end
Well if you replaced the washer and its still leaking the seat may indeed need cleaned or replaced. A picture would be nice. Possibly a thicker washer would stop it for a while.

Reach4

Reaction score
Look inside and see if you see a hex or square opening that would engage a seat wrench.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I will buy a seat wrench and try to remove it. Hopefully it will work
This can be very difficult. You may want to try to clean it first. There is a tool that will refinish the seat. I'd try to gently clean it with a reseating tool.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks