Two bathroom sinks or one??

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Ben Zahel, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Ben Zahel

Ben Zahel New Member

I have space for a 60 inch vanity in both the master and kids bathroom. Do you find it useful to have 2 sinks or is it better to have one sink and more counter and storage space?

2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

I think it's a matter of personal preference. Today, I have one sink in my apartment, and don't find that I have difficulty sharing it, although occasionally I would have used one if there was one. In my old apartment, I had two in a kind of dressing area, with the tub and toilet in a different room. That worked nicely, too. Kind of his and hers. But I can't remember more than a handful of times that we used both sinks simultaneously.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    When I built this house, I provided for 2 sinks, but only installed one. After a while I closed up the opening and kept just one sink, which is what my wife wanted.

5. Ben Zahel

Ben Zahel New Member

Awesome, Thanks.

6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    If you have kids that take the same bus, are on the same schedule, a second sink in their bathroom might make sense. Counter space is always at a premium, but a shelf may help that out. It certainly does add cost, so you'd have to look at their use pattern carefully. IF there's always complaints that they can't get to a sink when they want to, more is better. If not, it's a waste of both space and money.

7. Ben Zahel

Ben Zahel New Member

Thanks. Interesting point