TwistIIClean filter crud - any idea what it is?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by JosephG, Jun 11, 2019.

1. JosephG

JosephG New Member

My TwistIIClean (unhappy with BTW - do not purchase recommendation from me) filter has been filling up with what appears to be white stuff. I scraped some off to look at it and after it dried, it appears slightly gritty but it also turned a darker brown. Any idea what it is? I am going to look at the crud under a microscope but that will be in a couple of days before I am able to get to my buddies place where he has that resource. Any help/ideas appreciated. Thank you.

Was not able to figure out the media thing. Images are here:
    https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/twistiiclean-water-filter-crud.81998/

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Does the material burn?
    Can you squish it between your fingers, or is it hard?

To put a photo on an existing post that you wrote.
    click Edit.
    click More Options...
    click Upload a File
    click Choose File
    browse to your file and
    click Open.

Maximum picture size 800 pixels and 200 KB.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Boycedrilling

Boycedrilling In the Trades

What mesh is the filter on your twist2clean? 60 mesh, 100 mesh? I’ve got one on my irrigation pump at my house. We get water from an irrigation district out of a ditch. It has enough moss in it that a 100 mesh screen will plug in a matter of hours. You have to disassemble it to remove the moss from the 100 mesh. The twist to clean feature will not remove the moss. I’m picking up a 60 mesh screen tomorrow to see if it’s the right size for the moss. No filter and the sprinklers plug up.

Sometimes it’s a matter of changing screen sizes to get the right one for your conditions. You might need a big blue filter with a cellulose element rather than just a screen.

5. JosephG

JosephG New Member

Thank you for the replies. It does not burn. I will look into the other questions and get back asap. Thanks again!