Twin Ell with Mounting Ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Anyone know of a Twin Ell with mounting tabs? I've got a shower design that has a single outlet of the mixer down to a diverting tub spout. And twin ells dont have a method of mounting besides strap. Or some other Kluge.

Or can I just replace a twin ell with a drop ear tee. Use the threads for the the tub spout.. then down and back up on the soldered portion of the tee..

Or any other method I'm not thinking of?

Twin Ell Alternative.png

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
You want to use the twin ell. If you drop down with a solid pipe (brass would be best) the tee will be pretty solid and you can strap the pipe. If you use the tee you will have water coming out of the shower head when you use the tub filler.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think this/these, which matches your picture right-hand side:
index.php

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You want to use the twin ell. If you drop down with a solid pipe (brass would be best) the tee will be pretty solid and you can strap the pipe. If you use the tee you will have water coming out of the shower head when you use the tub filler.

If only it were that easy.. Someone was complaining about the hot and cold coming up through the bottom... I'm complaining that the mixed water all comes out the top.
grohe-35601000-428431.jpg

I think it will be easier to find a non diverter spout and set up their valve for 2 way like the valve is designed for..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks