Tuscany single handle shower cartridge (type F) leaks when trying to reuse

Users who are viewing this thread

Grant Gyssler

Reaction score
I've gone through a few new Tuscany type F cartridges because they all leak after I've had to take it out for one reason or another.

First time it was because the cartridge was in backwards. After reinstalling it leaked and dripped out the collar around the cartridge.

Second time it was because the water didn't get hot enough even though the temperature limiter was at factory settings. When I turned off the shutoffs on the faucet it leaked a little out the stem. When reinstalling it leaked either out the stem or somewhere else I couldn't see. I didn't even take out the cartridge, just removed the temp limiter.

Are these meant to be a single use cartridge where once you have to do anything to the faucet you need a new cartridge? Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

I did contact the manufacturer and haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks