Turning my garden tub into a shower

Users who are viewing this thread

texasmom

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I live in a double-wide mobil home, and have a big corner garden tub and a seperate very small shower.

I am disabled and on a fixed income, so I need to know the best but cheapest way to turn my garden tub into a place where I can take a shower. There are 2 mirrors that go from the top of the tub to about 48 inches from the celing.

I think there is some kind of black material that you use as a moisture barier but I dont know what it is called. Is that necessary, or is it already in place behind the mirrors?

I just want to find the easiest way to do this without messing anything up.:confused:

I would appreciate any ideas from anyone here. As for the shower curtian rods, do they make rods that are curved seeing that this tub is in the corner and it would have to connect to one wall and curve to connect to the other wall.

Thanks for your help
Lavonda
Texas

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There may NOT be a "cheapest" way. You will probably have to use a "two curb" base, and then prepare and finish the walls properly, which will mean removing the mirrors. You will also need to install a glass "corner shower enclosure" because a curtain will be hard to fit to it.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You could find a fabricator to make a shower rod to go around the entire tub perimeter. That's about as cheap as it will get.

The only sure way to make it right would be to tear it all out and start over.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks