Turn on hot water - occasionally comes out cold

Users who are viewing this thread

Wires001

Reaction score
I have a Stiebel-Eltron tankless water heater installed around 2019. Occasionally (like once every 2-3 weeks) I can turn on one of the two bathroom sink faucets or kitchen sink faucet in the house and it stays cold - it doesn't matter how long I run it. But if I go to a shower, it comes out hot immediately. Then if I run back to the sink, it's hot now too. One time last week I was taking a shower and it turned cold after a very short time. I turned the water off then back on and it came out hot.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Maybe a flaky pressure sensor?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Has the heater been service every year? With vinegar solution run through it? Next time turn on a sink or tub for more flow see if that helps or before doing doing anything look at flow rate at heater display.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks