Tub to shower redo

I am trying to figure out the shower head. Does an extension hose on shower head decrease water pre

• Shower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Showerheads

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Granny1

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the shower head. Does an extension hose on shower head decrease water pressure?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Maybe, but probably not. Statically, the pressure would be the same regardless. There's likely more friction in a long hose, so the dynamic pressure MIGHT be lower. The bigger difference is likely the result of different shower head designs. Friction along the line goes up if the flow rate increases, but that's not normally an issue since the line is big enough, and shower heads, by federal regulations, are flow limited, so the line size is usually more than sufficient.

People confuse pressure and volume. Pressure will drop from elevation increases, or friction. WHen the water is not flowing, the pressure will be the same whether you've got a soda straw or a fire hose connected.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I find that for showering the hose make no difference. The hose handles much more water than what the shower head can deliver.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks