Tub spout nipple

Users who are viewing this thread

GreekGuy7

Reaction score
I have a galvanized nipple for a tub spout that is leaking right by where it screws into the elbow in the wall which goes to the tub valve.

what are the chances that will unscrew from the elbow? eazy-out or internal pipe wrench? too short to grab onto it with a pipe wrench.

if it wont budge, then I have to try to remove the galvanized pipe which leads up to the shower valve?

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you screw on a 3/4 X 1/2 reducing coupling it will prevent the end of nipple from being split by the ez-out.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the fitting in the wall is galvanized, you may need even more work. Galvanized isn't a forever product, and IMHO, shouldn't be used in potable water supplies. Too much dissolved oxygen in the water, and it always rusts eventually.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
yes replace with brass or even sch 80 PVC nipple I wouldn't plan on replacing the nipple and 90 unless you have to open wall

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks