Tub spout fell off. Please help me

Users who are viewing this thread

Jennneedshelp

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jenn and I don’t know anything about plumbing. I live in a very old house. I think it’s from like the 1950s and one day when I was showering the silver spout in my shower flew off and hit me. I tried to put it back on and even glue it back on but as soon as I would start running water it would just blast off again. Now this is what was behind the shower spout. I’ve tried to look up how to replace it but every video out there has some long pole sticking out not this thing. I don’t know what to do. Would really appreciate advice. Can I just buy a new spout cover and stick it on there or how do I replace this circle thing with the two holes. Thanks. Need help ASAP I hate showering in the basement where spiders are.

4333E509-600A-4AA2-8729-1CEDA2326805.jpeg
3B4CA07D-2A1F-478E-87B7-079488E55D0B.jpeg

BobinTN

Reaction score
Jenn, I am afraid you are just going to have to bite the bullet and find a plumber or remodeling contractor to come in and take a look and give you an estimate on making the repair! TO be honest, I am 74 years old and have seen it all in my over 60 years of doing work for people -- I have no idea what I am looking at here? My guess would be you are talking about the "tub fill spout" has broken off? If I were to see it I would probably say that there is a need to remove those tiles and get into the wall cavity and see what is going on there. My 2 cents and with INFLATION an added NICKLES worth of guesswork advise here.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I also can't tell what that part is. Likely it would unscrew...but definitely you need a professional plumber.

Reach4

Reaction score
See if there is an access panel on the other side of the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks