Tub spout diverter Knob fell off, PHISTER 8P8-WS-VNS

Users who are viewing this thread

italdesign

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My diverter knob fell off. I tried to screw it back onto the stem but the knob design makes it impossible to complete one turn by hand. I tried to use a wrench to turn the stem from below, but couldn't either due to the black thing blocking most of the motion range. My next hope is to get a new knob to screw onto the stem. Do you think it's possible? Thanks for any advice.

Tub Diverter Knob 4.jpg
Tub Diverter Knob 2.jpg
Tub Diverter Knob 3.jpg
Tub Diverter Knob 1.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Does that bottom part have some slots? There may be some special wrench that could turn the piece.
Replacing the spout would do it, but I know you want to avoid that.

If you push the rod/screw up, can you grab the rod above with needle nose pliers or hemostats to slowly turn the rod?

Have you tried the smallest ViceGrips from below?

Another idea is to drill the thread bigger in the knob, and glue the knob onto the rod.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks