Tub/Shower to Shower only: trap arm and venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Kyle Marsden

Reaction score
Hello all, wonderful site have learned a lot over the last couple days. I typically do tile work but have been tasked with some plumbing work on my current project (rural job in Missouri, owner is NOT pulling permits)

Pictures attached are the re-work of a second floor drain and vent. Existing was tub and shower. New will be shower only.

Humbly, I would like some feedback on the attached pictures for code violations. My main concerns are:

1. Horizontal drain line has a vent take-off from a san tee on its back. My take is as long as the angle is between 45 deg and vertical this is ok.

2. Vent riser from san tee has two (2) 45 deg bends to hit the original vent stack location.

3. After the trap swivel, the trap arm has a 22.5 deg bend and a 90 deg bend to tie into the vent take-off san tee. My take is if horizontal change is <135 deg no clean out is required (possibly exempt because it's a trap arm)

20180529_181725.jpg
20180529_181759.jpg
20180529_181807.jpg
20180529_181840.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks