Tub Shower Diverter / Default Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Dogwell

Reaction score
Hi All. I could really use some help in finding an option for a tub / shower combo. We are renovating and keeping the tub, but it is used rarely. Is there a valve that will set the Shower as default with an integrated diverter to switch to the tub so we do not have to pull up on the tub spout? We used the delta multichoice in the other bathrooms, but I understand it is not meant to be used in a tub setting. I have been searching for days and haven't found anything other than a Hansgrohe shower pipe bundle with all the exposed piping. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might look at the Grohetherm shower valve. Push button controls for each function. Will divert to whichever you have selected.

1660666191257.png

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Although I've never attempted to install a Delta R22000 w/ built in diverter that is intended for shower only as a tub filler. I bet it would work fine for a typical tub that is only going to use about 30 gal of water(Kohler Villager holds 33 before body displacement). The 17T cartridge is rated at up to 7.2 gpm at 60psi. and with a tub spout having little to no noticeable flow restriction, the tub would fill in under 5min. Which seems totally acceptable to me. Tho the lowest rating of 4.1gpm at 40psi is 8min fill time... you're not likely going to be sitting in the cold tub waiting, so still not a huge hurdle IMO.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks