Tub leaks from around the drain. It caused adjoining wall to get soggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr. Water World

Reaction score
Would anyone have an easy way to repair leaks from Shower tub drain? I peeked at inside of adjoining wall (damaged already)and found puddle right below the tub.
Thanks

Plumber2000

Plumber
Reaction score
First you need to find out where it's leaking at before you can decide on what it will take to fix it, do you know what it is that is leaking?

Mr. Water World

Reaction score
Leak from Tub Drain

Thanks you for your attention.
The leak is around the tub's drain fitting. Water is seeping out from the top of the drain. This is where the round metal piece meets the tub. Around it is where it seeps out of the pipe fittings.
When I openned the wall under the tub, I noticed water pouring out from the tub. It pours into some kind of bin or tray. It is all filled up which ends up around the bottom wall of the adjoining room. Is this tray there for a porpose? If so, is it suppose to fill up and rain someplace?
My worse scenario is that my wife wants to renovate the whole 30 yr old bathroom. I say to wait and fix the tub for a few cents before spending thousands of dollars.

Thank you for the help,

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
If the leak is coming from where the drain meets the tub, you can unscrew it from the drain shoe, apply a "rope" of plumbers putty then reinstall. The pan that is filled with water......you've got me on that one. Perhaps someone else knows what its there for. I've never seen that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks