Tub Filler Pulling Out of the Wall

Users who are viewing this thread

BathroomReno

Reaction score
I recently bought a Kohler Parallel (K-TLS23502-4) bath and shower trim kit. Three weeks after the first installation, the tub filler pulled out from the wall, with water pouring out from behind the tub filler until I shut off the flow. The plumber who installed it returned. He tightened a screw that he thought might be responsible.

It has now been about 10 to 11 weeks since that fix. I have noticed the tub filler pulling back from the wall again, although not yet to the point that water is coming from behind it. The plumber recommends replacing this tub filler with one that uses a threaded connection rather an o-ring with set screw. I get how that would help but was hoping to continue using this tub filler if possible. Any advice on why this might be happening and how to fix it? Thanks.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is the part that is listed as the Holder Clamp. But it looks like it works in conjunction with all the parts forward to both hold in place and seal the spout to the tube. I would take it apart and see if its all assembled the way the diagram shows, and see if the set screw has dimpled the copper tube so that it may not be able to hold purchase any more.

K-TLS23502-4-CP click on the Parts and Support button to see the whole parts list.

Also found INSTRUCTIONS for the specific tub spout which may help in figuring out the order of things if they're not installed correctly.

Attachments

• Kohler Tub Spout Parts.JPG
    Kohler Tub Spout Parts.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

BathroomReno

Reaction score
This is the part that is listed as the Holder Clamp. But it looks like it works in conjunction with all the parts forward to both hold in place and seal the spout to the tube. I would take it apart and see if its all assembled the way the diagram shows, and see if the set screw has dimpled the copper tube so that it may not be able to hold purchase any more.

K-TLS23502-4-CP click on the Parts and Support button to see the whole parts list.

Also found INSTRUCTIONS for the specific tub spout which may help in figuring out the order of things if they're not installed correctly.
Thank you!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Find one that looks similar but has a better engineered assembly. Set screws aren't worth a shit in my opinion.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Kohler stuff may look good, and be made well, but that doesn't mean it always works well! They have a big NIH attitude (not invented here), and seem to always want to go their own way, which doesn't always bode well. Most of the other companies have a solid design for their 'guts', and while it may evolve, it's easy to find parts and things work. Kohler, OTOH, seems to go off on tangents all of the time...might make a designer happy, but not necessarily the end user or the installer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks