Tub faucet leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

reiguy

Reaction score
So my faucet is leaking in the tub. Its leaking hot water. It started off as a small drip now its a steady stream. I have replaced the washers on my sink in the kitchen before. I am going to look at it tommorow morning. Just wanted to know. Is it as simple as the sink faucets or is it more complicated.

The set up is 3 knobs and a faucet. Obviously 1 knob for cold, hot water and then one to activate the shower. There isnt a name on the knobs.

Thanks in advance guys. Just wanted to know if its gonna be as easy as the sink or if its a bit tougher.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Multi handle shower faucets use the same as a lavatory faucet would use.
They use cartridges which would have washers on the bottom of them.
Most times you can replace just the washer at the bottom.
Of course the shower most times will use different cartridges than the lavatory.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to replace the bibb washer--located on the bottom of the hot water valve stem and possibly the seat, which is behind the stem.

Unlike your kitchen faucet, you will need to use plumbing sockets and possibly a handle puller and seat wrench.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks