Tub Drain Test Plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

jw123

Reaction score
Howdy y'all. First time posting, so thanks in advance.

I'm installing a new tub in a home addition. I've been assured that the local codes inspector wants to see at least 42" of water in a standpipe (above the washer box) and the bathtub filled above the overflow. I've got a plug in a test tee down stream of the new bathroom that will fulfill requirement #1, but short of disconnecting the tub drain assembly from the PVC drain line, I can't see how I could do both at the same time. Is there a device (or something integral to my tub drain assembly) that will plug my tub drain and overflow?

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't why your inspector wants water above your overflow to test the rest of the drain piping. I would suggest disconnecting trap and putting a fernco cap on the drain line to the tub. Test out waste and overflow later by plugging tub until water goes into overflow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks