Tub drain lever identification

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Memdez

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am looking for help in identifying a tub drain lever. It’s action is more of a turning motion than an up and down. The shaft has seized and all efforts to free have failed. I have a couple of pics that I will upload. Any help is appreciated.
thanks. Tom
CDB9C4D0-DAAF-4E1E-B199-C11E1D805DCF.jpeg
Y
DC17D997-3424-44E2-9AF5-529069767679.jpeg
80489982-7E1C-416D-B6B6-EDEFCB51D903.jpeg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It's not the trip lever to worry about, it's the stopper at the end of the of the links. The links might have broken or the stopper is jamb at the tub drain. Just worry about getting the stopper out. When you do replace the cover with a standard plan overflow cover and replace the drain with a stopper. Or just get a new trip lever with the links and stopper. nou do not need one that turns.

shopping
89ac365219e0c1129393e86a8bc5d6f8.jpg

Tom Memdez

Reaction score
It's not the trip lever to worry about, it's the stopper at the end of the of the links. The links might have broken or the stopper is jamb at the tub drain. Just worry about getting the stopper out. When you do replace the cover with a standard plan overflow cover and replace the drain with a stopper. Or just get a new trip lever with the links and stopper. nou do not need one that turns.

shopping
89ac365219e0c1129393e86a8bc5d6f8.jpg
Thanks for your input. This is not the typical linkage in a drain lever. The end of the pivot slides into a hole and when you rotate the handle it raises and lowers the drain plug. Sure I could cover the lever hole and use a plug but that’s my goal. I’m looking too replace this part if possible. Still looking got more info and input
Thanks. Tom

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The drain is a Crane Accesso. Some parts are still available.
Faceplate # F11250
Screws (12-24) F13679
Turnbuckle # F11625 Obsolete. There is still stock in some partshouses
Do you still have the stopper and rocker arm?

Tom Memdez

Reaction score
The drain is a Crane Accesso. Some parts are still available.
Faceplate # F11250
Screws (12-24) F13679
Turnbuckle # F11625 Obsolete. There is still stock in some partshouses
Do you still have the stopper and rocker arm?

Yes I have the complete assembly. The shaft seized during an extended time away. I have tried to loosen the shaft unsuccessfully. Where possibly would I find the parts
Thanks for your help
Tom

Tom Memdez

Reaction score
Yes I have the complete assembly. The shaft seized during an extended time away. I have tried to loosen the shaft unsuccessfully. Where possibly would I find the parts
Thanks for your help
Tom
I have found the faceplate and screws on Faucetshark.com

Reach4

Reaction score
The shaft seized during an extended time away. I have tried to loosen the shaft unsuccessfully.
Vinegar soak? Penetrating oil? I don't know which would be most appropriate.

Tom Memdez

Reaction score
Vinegar soak? Penetrating oil? I don't know which would be most appropriate.
I used penetrating oil and also applied heat. I also soaked in oil over a low heat. A vinegar bath is a good idea. Will try that today
Thanks
Tom

Tom Memdez

Reaction score
Thanks for your help
Tom
Update on the bath drain assembly. A closer inspection revealed the name Speakman stamped onto the stopper.
Seems they been around a long time but no luck finding tub drain parts on their site.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Call them directly. A lot of manufactures simply don't list any of their old models or parts.

Benny S

Reaction score
Thanks I’ll give that try
Tom

Call them directly. A lot of manufactures simply don't list any of their old models or parts.

Any updates on if you found the lever? One of my clients kids slipped and actually bent the turnbuckle. I would much rather buy one and save the tub than try the expensive install (waste drain is not accessible as it faces an exterior wall)

BengalSteve

Reaction score
Hi guys, I hate to revive and old thread, but what is that part with the two "fingers" in the picture called? I have the same type of assembly and the plate says "Crane" so I would assume the entire stopper assembly was made by Crane. This tub was installed in the early 1950s and, since I am on a slab, I would like to find a replacement part but I am not even sure what it is called. I found the trip lever online but need to fine the thing that piece with the two fingers that lift up the rod. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am about to put this house on the market and just want to fix what is here instead of trying to replace it all. Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks