Tub drain is slow and collects water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How many of us have seen slow tub drains that collect water? I had one this week but was without any tools while staying in Waikiki. I knew if I could unthread the top of the push pull drain, I could remove the main body with a flat blade screwdriver and then have access to the hair below the push-pull stopper. Lucky for me I was there while they came in to clean. Pam tipped her $10.00 and next thing I know a handyman shows up at the door on her request with pliers in hand.

watco_tub_drains.jpg

The stopper here is like the one in the lower left of the photo. Remove the knob on top, and then a flat blade below that allows you to unthread the stopper. Otherwise,it just spins and spins. I mentioned this to the handyman, but who am I to tell him how this is done. For the next minute or so, I hear spin/spin/spin from the bathroom. Yeah..........you can try spinning the popup and it will just keep a spinning. Been there, done that before. I peak back in because finally I don't hear the spinning anymore. He's got the little knob off and now he's looking for a flat blade to spin off the rest. Good job. Now showering is going to be much more pleasant there. Wahoo!

Okay, top row, center is also the tub drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks