Tub drain gurgles when I flush toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jennifer King

Reaction score
Hello!
Bought my house 18 months ago, it's a two story built in 1962, 98% original plumbing. Noticed that the tub/shower drain gurgles after I flush the toilet. We had a plumber come out and check the drain line from the kitchen out to the outside because my husband noticed the line was leaking sewage into the yard. the city ended up clearing the line because it was clogged with "grease" they said on their side. Everything was quiet and working fine for a month or two now the gurgling is back . Could it be the same issue or something else? Thanks for any help!

LiamMcGlinn

Reaction score
Website
theplumbingandgasguys.com.au
Sewer leak can cause a tremendous amount of damage to a yard. The process of cleaning up after an event like this can be a long and expensive one. Early detection is the best way to combat a flooded yard before the issue becomes a major concern. Installing a drainage system is one option, which will help soak up all the water from your yard in a safe way, But my suggestion is to call a professional Plumber

Last edited:

Jennifer King

Reaction score
Sewer leak can cause a tremendous amount of damage to a yard. The process of cleaning up after an event like this can be a long and expensive one. Early detection is the best way to combat a flooded yard before the issue becomes a major concern. Installing a drainage system is one option, which will help soak up all the water from your yard in a safe way, But my suggestion is to call a professional Plumber

I appreciate the reply but this does not address my issue. There is nothing in my yard anymore. There was just a small amount like les than 6" of stuff that came out of the plumbing tube in the yard and the sewer dept of the city cleared the blockage.

I need to know WHY my tub gurgles when the toilet is flushed. Can anyone tell me?

Stuff

Reaction score
You have a clog again. Whether or not it is in the same place is hard to say but is likely. Call the city first as that shouldn't cost you. Call plumber if you want someone quick. May be have drain scoped and jet cleaned.

You should also consider using an enzymatic cleaner like Bio-clean.

Jennifer King

Reaction score
You have a clog again. Whether or not it is in the same place is hard to say but is likely. Call the city first as that shouldn't cost you. Call plumber if you want someone quick. May be have drain scoped and jet cleaned.

You should also consider using an enzymatic cleaner like Bio-clean.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks