Tub clogged. Cannot remove overflow.

Users who are viewing this thread

awfuldeadbird

Reaction score
Hello. First post here.

I have a tub clog, one of many i've had over the past few years. Sometimes it's great, other times ankle deep in water. Over the years i've tried many solutions: draino, plunging, plumber, enzymes, snake, etc. Not sure what has worked, there is truly no rhyme or reason.

This last one is the worst. Nothing will go down no matter what. I would stick a rag in the overflow, if i could remove the darn overflow cover. Has anyone seen one of these overflows and any suggestions on how to remove? I take off the screw, and nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have not worked on one like that, but it looks like you can remove the screw, the handle and then use a deep socket to remove the nut.
Normally you would snake the tub drain from the overflow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks