Tub and Shower drain and Venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

Davy Crocket

Reaction score
I am remodeling my bathroom. The attached picture is what I am trying to plumb. My existing pipe is 2" and as in the crude drawing my plan is to use 2" for everything except the tub, which would be reduced at the tee and the vent was going to be 1.5 inch because that is what is already existing above the ceiling.

Is there anything wrong with my diagram?
Can the tub and shower be vented using the one vent?

Previously the shower and tub were farther apart and had separate vents, one of those was a foot over from my new shower wall in a wall I removed. The vent is 1.5 inch pipe in the roof that I will be attaching to. Everything will be properly sloped at 1/4 per foot of course.

Thanks in advance for the help

Attachments

• Plumbing diagram.jpg
    Plumbing diagram.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 150

Davy Crocket

Reaction score
I am remodeling my bathroom. The attached picture is what I am trying to plumb. My existing pipe is 2" and as in the crude drawing my plan is to use 2" for everything except the tub, which would be reduced at the tee and the vent was going to be 1.5 inch because that is what is already existing above the ceiling.

Is there anything wrong with my diagram?
Can the tub and shower be vented using the one vent?

Previously the shower and tub were farther apart and had separate vents, one of those was a foot over from my new shower wall in a wall I removed. The vent is 1.5 inch pipe in the roof that I will be attaching to. Everything will be properly sloped at 1/4 per foot of course.

Thanks in advance for the help

Addendum: Don't bother registering and uploading on this site. Apparently it is dead as there have been no replies in a week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks