TT Prestige Solo 250 boiler making high pitched whining sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Hopinferbetter

Reaction score
My Triangle Tube prestige Solo 250 gas boiler is making a loud hum/ whine. It seems louder than normal.

I am trying to troubleshoot the problem. It sounds like it might be the blower but i'd appreciate any insight on this.

I have a video of the sound on youtube. Is is at:

https://youtu.be/ZbUm_rL4sVs
Thanks.

NY_Rob

In the Trades
Reaction score
Get some more eyeballs... or in this case ears, on the case- post the same video, etc.. on heatinghelp.com
That's a fairly common boiler, I'm sure you'll find a few pros over there with experience on them.

Hopinferbetter

Reaction score
Get some more eyeballs... or in this case ears, on the case- post the same video, etc.. on heatinghelp.com
That's a fairly common boiler, I'm sure you'll find a few pros over there with experience on them.
Thank you, I will give that a try...

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Sounds like a blower motor's bearing getting ready to flat-out die, or possibly something came loose and is interfering with the blower impeller.

That's a pretty huge boiler- enough to heat a small apartment building in Chicago.

Hopinferbetter

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I replaced the blower motor and found lots of broken black plastic from the impeller and insides of the fan loose and rattling around. The replacement wasn't difficult but it did appear to be a part failure.

NY_Rob

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nice... I saw your post over at heating help.

Many years of experience shared between the pros over there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks