Trying to uninstall kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

DeeJayD

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm trying to uninstall our kitchen faucet with a nut that won't budge. Would this be our only option to remove the faucet? Is there a method to get the nut to turn? Thanks so much in advance :)

Here's a pic: https://imgur.com/bTlQNPO

Sluggo

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm trying to uninstall our kitchen faucet with a nut that won't budge. Would this be our only option to remove the faucet? Is there a method to get the nut to turn? Thanks so much in advance :)

Here's a pic: https://imgur.com/bTlQNPO
That looks pretty corroded, but you'll have to get that nut off to remove the faucet. First, spray it once or twice with a product like PB Blaster (a penetrating oil) which may loosen things up for you. I also suspect that you may not have much leverage in that tight space to work a wrench, so I suggest you use a socket wrench with a long extension and a crow's foot attachment of the correct size. (The crow's foot design is like the end of a crescent wrench that fits onto the socket wrench square drive or extension.)

Last edited:

seann

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you can't get it loose with a basin wrench, then what I usually do is take a drill bit to drill through the side of the nut, and then use a flat screwdriver the break it off the rest of the way. I pretty sure it will unscrew if you use a basin wrench though.

faucet-nut-drilled-2.jpg

faucet-nut-drilled-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks