Trying to relocate a drain- I need to deviate 27 degrees from the original drain? How do I do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
I still don't understand what is wrong with having two verticals there (1-6 and 2-7)

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just re-vent the lav drain and everything will be wonderful.

Attachments

• BLP1Mws.jpg
    BLP1Mws.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 114

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I still don't understand what is wrong with having two verticals there (1-6 and 2-7)
OK, you've made me think about it some more, which is good.

Your rendering is definitely not a standard solution, and the two options I described are more common, and definitely OK under US codes. [I've been ignoring the fact you're in Canada, I suggest you double check what we tell you against Canadian codes.] However, now that I think about it more, your rendering would work just as well as my option (b).

The only difference between your rendering and my option (b) is that in your rendering, the lavatory and the wet vent have separate dry vents, while in option (b), they share a dry vent. The wet vent path is identical (other than a slightly shorter vertical segment) and the drainage the wet vent carries is identical. So your rendering should be allowed, and the only possible reason it wouldn't be would be a quirk in the wording of the wet vent rules that doesn't contemplate having separate dry vents, because it is uncommon.

Thanks for asking again, and the upshot is I think if you want to stick with your rendering it will perform as well as any of the alternatives discussed.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks