Trying to find a solution for 19 gpg Hardness, 1.5 ppm Iron and 525 TDS

Users who are viewing this thread

Br3902s

Reaction score
Hello,

Had my water tested and a company that has done good work in the area give me a quote but it seems a bit high based on what I know some components could maybe cost. Wondering what you all would all recommend for a system that would cover 19gpg Hardness, 1.5 ppm Iron and 525 TDS. I would definitely want something quality and just not sure how to tell quality components from not or if their price is in the ball park

They quoted me almost $10,000 for a softer, an iron remover with Ozone and a reverse osmosis system with a boost pump and alkaline for under the sink... Just trying to figure out if that's in the ballpark or what my best options are.

Any recommendations for solutions that may help? Thanks!

DIYFun

Reaction score
Pay for your own water tests. Good recommendations on who to use can be found on this forum. I'd love to understand the breakdown and reasoning they are using for selling you a $10,000 system (and what makes it worth this). With your own labs you can do some basic research and see what options are available for dealing with whatever problem you are having. $10,000 sounds extreme based on what you have said.

Skyjumper

Reaction score
they are trying to rob you.

here's what you need.
- Ozone iron filter, 10x54 tank with Clack WS1 valve and 1.5cuft Katalox media.
- 10x54 softener with Clack WS1 and 1.5cuft resin.

Clack, ozone, and Katalox are critical for the iron filter. the ozone generator is attached to the Clack valve like on this unit https://www.wecofilters.com/kl-1054-ozone.html

Clack is the best valve, so get it for the softener too. and that way you have common equipment, parts, etc.

These 2 should be about $3k installed total, maybe a bit more with inflation.

I don't know what kind of RO system he quoted you, but you don't need it. and 10k is a joke. you must live in a great big mansion in Ada they think you're loaded, and stupid.

DIYFun

Reaction score
I agree with previous poster it sounds like you are getting robbed. I wouldn't trust any information the company gave you based on the quote you received. Get your own independent water test if those numbers came from that company. Don't buy anything until you know what you are dealing with in your water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks