Trying to figure what this is / was

Users who are viewing this thread

Hallowhead1

Reaction score
Good morning all

I am trying to figure out what this capped opening in my floor is, the clay broken pipe seen runs under my foundation wall and into my front yard no septic tank was found on my yard scan at purchase. My sanitary waste line leaves the house in a different location, roughly 4 feet above the slab on the opposite end of the house.

I thought it was a French drain but put a hose in it for several minutes and my sump didn't fill at all. It doesn't smell like sewer so I'm just unsure. Ultimately I wanna cap it and poor concrete over it

Attachments

• 1000001110.jpg
    1000001110.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_20230130-075511.png
    Screenshot_20230130-075511.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 78

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've found clay tile pipes under slabs and often along the perimeter of the foundation that were used to convey groundwater. Most of them are 16" tiles with tar paper over the seams and nothing more. Its hard to say exactly what you found without more investigation.

Hallowhead1

Reaction score
I've found clay tile pipes under slabs and often along the perimeter of the foundation that were used to convey groundwater. Most of them are 16" tiles with tar paper over the seams and nothing more. Its hard to say exactly what you found without more investigation.
I am gonna have a scope to see more tomorrow. But I'm trying to figure out how to just safely plug it

Hallowhead1

Reaction score
After using a 3' scope what I've discovered, nothing. Lol

The clay pipe extends about 3 feet before hiding a block, be it dirt or a turn I can't tell.

There is a lot air blowing in through the hole it's windy out by me so it has to be connected to something outside.. I need to safely close it off

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks