Trying to figure out Brand on shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

mlog65

Reaction score
I recently had new tile installed and neglected to keep any old shower parts and I also did not replace shower valve - which I now wish I would have! Here are few pics. I am trying to figure out the brand so I can put a new kit on it so I can use it again. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I would rather find the brand than tear the new tile out.

Attachments

• shower valve 1.jpg
    shower valve 1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 455
  • Shower valve 2.jpg
    Shower valve 2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 385

mlog65

Reaction score
The best way to tell would be to remove that brass bonnet and take out the cartridge so you could see both ends of the cartridge. But I think it is an American Standard Reliant.

http://www.doplumb.com/products/3129-cartridge-for-american-standard-as0448850070a.aspx

[h=1]American Standard T385.507.295 Reliant 3 Shower Only Trim Kit[/h]
Thank you so much. I will do that and check. The look is identical but I will remove the cartridge. I am assuming I should probably change that out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks