Trying To Decide Between The Soiree & Nexus-Any 2 Piece Advantage?

Users who are viewing this thread

sheellah

Reaction score
Any advantage to using a 2 piece toilet? I guess it's easier to carry in two pieces, but any other? I love both the looks of the Soiree and the Nexus which is my main problem in decorating. Half of me loves modern, and 1/2 traditional...LOL! I think the Soiree might be the best of both.

I'm trying to decide between these two. I know the Soiree has the double cyclone and no holes under the rim. No one love scrubbing a toilet ;-). It might also be easier to clean, being one piece. Does the Nexus have any advantages over the Soiree? Does each flush equally well, and are they equally resistant to clogging?

If you liked the looks of both, which would you choose.? I like the fact the Soiree is lower, but both would work.

Thanks much!

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

cst794_door.jpg

Toto Nexus

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well I'm not telling you anything that you aren't already considering in the 1 pc. vs. 2 pc. debate...

The choice is yours as to what differences you feel are important...
Anyway about it you are down to 2 very good toilets!

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you liked the looks of both, which would you choose.? I like the fact the Soiree is lower, but both would work.

Thanks much!

The rim height is actually the same for both - 16 1/8th inches.

The Soiree has the CEFIONTECT option but as near as I can tell from the Toto web site the Nexus does not.

I have a Soiree with CEFIONTECT in my house and highly recommend it.

sheellah

Reaction score
Thanks! I was actually referring to the tank height. It's several inches lower in the back part. I do want the CEFIONTECT. Didn't realize it wasn't on the Nexus too. That's a good point. I guess the Soiree will be easier to clean then all around. It's also more classic and less trendy than the Nexus. I never knew there was so much to decide on a toilet before. I thought it was just about white or bone...LOL!

Thanks again ;-).

nexus_wood_seat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks