Trying to buy rough-in valve and trim for tub spout and hand sprayer.

Users who are viewing this thread

DragonBallz

Reaction score
This is for a soaking bathtub with a handsprayer. I've already purchase Delta Galeon fixtures for the rest of the house so I'd like to stay with that line.

For the bathtub, I'm looking at the T27T871 Trim with the R22000 (WS?) rough-in. But the Q&A section says it's not good for a tub because it may fill slowly. But the flow rate chart says 7.3 GPM at 60 PSI. Is that not enough for a bathtub?

I called Delta to speak with somebody and she mentioned using the R11 rough-in valve along with an R10000. I'm even more confused now. Because now, I'd need to buy 2 trims. Which valve goes to the tub? Which valve goes to the sprayer?

Trim: https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/T27T871-PR.html

Flow Rate:
https://www.deltafaucet.com/sites/delta/files/2019-11/Delta Flow Chart 2018-06-27.pdf

What's the cheapest way to have a good flowing tub filler spout with a handsprayer to clean the tub or a dog or me?

I can't do deck mounted.

Thank you!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Totally late for this post... but I was just looking this up because I have a client now that selected a R22000 valve for a tub/shower combination which Delta definately does NOT recomend because the flow rate of the shower valve is not enough for the flow rate of a tub... which I looked up their same valve with a trinsic spout at 6.2gpm. The flow rate of the shower valve with built in diverter is anywhere from 5.3gpm @ 40psi to 7.4gpm @ 80psi. which would fill a regular tub in 5-7 minutes if the tub holds about 35gal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks