Trying to Avoid A Major Disaster..Advice Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

cemian

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I was wondering if this could be a DIY job or does this need the services of a licensed plumber to solve? The inlet pipe going into the water heater has rust on it as you can see in the picture...can this be cleaned off and fixed or does the this pipe need to be replaced? Doing so will need the entire water supply of the condo building to be shut off affecting everybody in this building..so if I could find a solution to avoid this would be all the better...looking forward to your comments..thank you
20130423_111328 (1).jpg
20130423_111338.jpg

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most condo associations require that plumbing, electrical, and other building repairs be done by licensed professionals and condo owner are not to mess with these things. You should not DIY even if the condo association permits it because of potential liability issues should there be a mishap during or after the repairs. My advise is don't touch it. Check with the association on what their rules are and follow them. It does look like the valve should be replaced, but there may be more problems that you can't see. It doesn't appear that there is an immediate danger, so you have some time to work with.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It should be replaced, but there is not enough room to "just" replace it. Some of the other piping will have to be revised to make room for the replacement. Probably NOT a DIY job.

cemian

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses...will have a licensed plumber take care of it then :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks