Trying out CoolCalc - questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Boe

Reaction score
Hello,

I was testing out coolcalc and I got a solution for a 5 ton AC unit. I'd like to run that same scenario - same house, same insulation etc but test with a 2 ton and 3 ton unit with slightly different specs.

I' prefer not to have to enter all the info again.

Also I'm not familiar with latent cooling efficiency - can you tell me where to get that - it isn't in any of the ERV specs for two different units I looked at.

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Erv's are under specifications manual not the install manual. Heres a Panasonic that has the info. Think a blower door test would have to be needed for tightness of building envelope.

Reactions: Boe

Boe

Reaction score
Thanks - I'm not trying to be obtuse but am succeeding anyways. I clicked on the brochure, submittal sheet, install instructions, service manual and searched for the word latent - none of them had that.

Boe

Reaction score
Anyone know of another term than latent cooling I should look for that means the same?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Ventilation systems that transfer both sensible and latent heat the process called total enthalpy. Only have worked on commercial systems that relied on co2 sensors but now there looking at muiltiable iaq sensors.

Last edited:

ArayT

Reaction score
If the info you have gives the sensible cooling, i.e. 48,000 btus, the remaining btus is latent (12,000). 12+48=60k btus or 5ton. 80% sensible 20% latent. The higher the latent capacity the better it is at removing moisture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks