Trouble getting hot water to far side of hotel....

Users who are viewing this thread

Jessi Conran

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am looking for some advice on how to possibly fix a hot water problem in my 80 room hotel. It was built in 2017 and has 7 tankless hot water heaters. They were installed on the west wall of the hotel (vs in the middle) and we have consistent trouble with getting hot water in a timely manner to the 20+ rooms on the far east side of the hotel.

We have replaced the circulation pump (which I believe needs to be replaced again possibly as the one that the plumbers put in says it was not designed to work with tankless hot water heaters), but that is a different situation. I have only been with this hotel for about a year as new ownership took over in November 2019 and the previous owners say there was not issue before (which I confirmed with staff that worked here from the opening date - is incorrect and they have had multiple issues with getting hot water to rooms on the east side of the hotel).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could possibly look into to try and resolve this issue? Would there maybe be something I am missing (like a booster in the middle of the hotel somewhere - or would that not do anything for hot water)? Any advice would be helpful, but I know that it will be hard with just the small amount of information I can share.

Thank you!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If there is a hot water recirculation system installed and its installed correctly, in that a hot water return line has been run from the furthest fixture back to the bank of water heaters, then when the pump pulls water back to the heaters, it should keep the hot water line full of hot water. I would post a couple photos that show how the water recirculation system is set up with the piping.

Jessi Conran

Reaction score
If there is a hot water recirculation system installed and its installed correctly, in that a hot water return line has been run from the furthest fixture back to the bank of water heaters, then when the pump pulls water back to the heaters, it should keep the hot water line full of hot water. I would post a couple photos that show how the water recirculation system is set up with the piping.
Thank you! I will get some pictures and post them. I appreciate your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks