Trouble Flushing Navian NCB primary heat exchenger

Users who are viewing this thread

Amir Eyal

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a Navian NCB 240 combi boiler with a Navian Primary Secondary Manifold. I was able to flush the domestic Hot water heat exchenger with no issue using a pump, 5 gallon bucket and 2 hoses. I am having no luck when trying to flush the primary heat exchenger.

I made sure the service ports on the Manifold were open by turning the screws half a turn and connected the two hoses to the ports. When I turn the pump on there was no flow through the heat exchenger as if some valve was closed and not letting the water circulate.

Does the 3 way valve have to be in the position of the primary heat exchenger to flush it? How do I manually do that? Am I missing something else? Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 1598069941790.jpg
    1598069941790.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Only the dhw side would get limed up the boiler side should stay clean as the water just recirculates.

Last edited:

Amir Eyal

Reaction score
Only the dhw side would get limed up the boiler side should stay clean as the water just recirculates.
Thanks fitter30, I called Navian and they suggested flushing the primary heat exchenger once a year. I saw the video you posted a link to. I did exactly what was shown there and was unable to get water flowing through the primary heat exchenger. It's interesting to see that someone commented on the video and asked if you should call for heat before flushing to change the position of the 3 way valve. I will give that a shot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks