Trouble bleeding air from gas line

Users who are viewing this thread

Josephhamby123

Reaction score
I just got two tanks refilled. I do not use one at a time I have both being used as if they were one large tank. They are rather large I believe they are 500 gal. each. After getting them filled I lit the stove to bleed the air out and after approx. 5 minutes my stove sputtered out. I am pretty sure this is air because when I put the lighter over the burner it will blow the flame out. If I put a torch over it nothing happens even though I can smell gas. Any ideas? I tried letting a significant amount of gas out of the stove and the flex line in the water heater but still nothing. Cant get the pilot or the stove lit again.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Maybe your pressure regulator went bad. Do you have a gas heating system? Can you light a burner and how is the flame. Low, normal, or very high. At the tanks shut off the valves and disconnect the lines to release any pressure to the regulator. The reconnect the lines and open the valve to one tank and then try to relight the pilots.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks