Triple bowl kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
How do you hook up a triple bowl kitchen sink? I've done only double bowls or double bowls with a garberator, but never a triple. I have bowl-garberator-bowl... Do I pair the garberator and a bowl then pair that with the remaining bowl, p-trap, then to wall (use a pair of tees)? Thanks!!!

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's probably a number of ways of doing this. Just start piecing the PVC together and it'll start to make sense. As long as everything eventually ties into the trap you'll be okay.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

If I know that is what I am going to use when I install the plumbing, I put 2 or 3 outlets under the sink. Otherwise it gets interesting because you have to go around the disposer to connect the third sink.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
the easiest way is to rough-in for two traps (with a figure fitting) then hook one bowl up to one trap and the other two with a continuous waste. You can stack two continuous wastes if you have the height but the tee in the continuous waste usually has a baffle in it which basically cuts the drain area in half.

Xenomorph

Reaction score
If drain height permits, perhaps one of these would work:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3,790

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
how

How would they work, or more important, how would the disposer fit into the middle of the pipe? Unless you can install the connecting pipe very low so it goes under the disposer, at least one drain has to go around it. And the disposer should connect into a baffle tee so its discharge does not splash back into the other sinks. With a triple sink installation, every one is different since the actual way of doing it will depend on the location and height of the opening in the wall.

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
Winslow, your idea sounds the best so far. I don't like the baffle tees because they do restrict the pipe... Right now all I have is the 1-1/2" stub w/ a cap. I think I'll add a wye and a couple of compression adapters to run it on two traps. I'll let you know how it turns out... (when the granite guys come back with my sink)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks