Triangle Tube Prestige Solo Boiler ignition issue - any suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

sportsgaleliza

Reaction score
I had a prestige solo boiler prof installed in 2010 and have good luck with it until recently when i got the dreaded E02 error message.

This means ignition problem. The tech came out and said i needed a new igniter/ ignition cable, however, he could not remove the old one because he couldn't get the 2 screws out because of rust. This is after 4 years of use.

Since he couldn't get the igniter out, the tech proposed replacing the entire top plate to the boiler which seems very unnecessary. I have lost faith in him.

I am very surprised that the boiler would start to rust this quickly. Calls/ emails to triangle tube not been returned.

I have tried spraying screws with penetrating oil but no luck loosening them. Any ideas? Ignition
cable and igniter are pictured below (where black and green wire connect). Thanks.

boiler.jpg

frankwatertank

Reaction score
I had a prestige solo boiler prof installed in 2010 and have good luck with it until recently when i got the dreaded E02 error message.

This means ignition problem. The tech came out and said i needed a new igniter/ ignition cable, however, he could not remove the old one because he couldn't get the 2 screws out because of rust. This is after 4 years of use.

Since he couldn't get the igniter out, the tech proposed replacing the entire top plate to the boiler which seems very unnecessary. I have lost faith in him.

I am very surprised that the boiler would start to rust this quickly. Calls/ emails to triangle tube not been returned.

I have tried spraying screws with penetrating oil but no luck loosening them. Any ideas? Ignition
cable and igniter are pictured below (where black and green wire connect). Thanks.

View attachment 26378
What did you do to solve this? I have the triangle tube 110 showing an E03 error. The manual suggests it's Gas valve harness not properly connected.

Any idea how to fix?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks