Trapped air from hot water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Jd

Reaction score
Hello:
I seem to have air in the hot water supply lines at any 3 of my sinks. It will clear from any one that I initially open.This is all new construction. A two story garage with 2 sinks on the second floor and 1 slop sink on the first floor. There is air trapped in only the hot water supplies. It takes about a minute for it to reach the hot water faucet, so I think it is air trapped near the gas fired hot water heater. This happens everytime I if I do not use the hot water for an overnight period. Two days w/o using it and it would have even more air to purge. I do not smell any odor from the air purging from the faucets. As far as I can tell I have no leaks in any of the lines.

Any suggestions?
Thank you
Jd

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
air

If this is a U.S.A. pressure system, then if you had a leak, water would come out, air would not go into the pipe. And if it were just an air pocket it would flush out with the first water used and not come back again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks