Trap arm slope

Users who are viewing this thread

tomcat22

Reaction score
I just read in the pipe dope thread that the lav trap arm should have a slight slope towards the trap. How critical is that? I just installed my double sink drains and I had the trap arms slope away from the trap.

Note that in a different double vanity installed by the builder 18 years ago, the trap arms slope very dramatically away from the trap and we haven't experienced any problems. Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ideally, give it a bit of a slope downward toward the drain. On very short lengths, even level will work OK, but never try to make water run uphill under gravity.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
slope

IF there were a reason to slope UP from the trap it would be for any piping between the trap and the sink. AFTER the trap the piping slopes downhill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks